This article contains some of the most common Sales Vocabulary words such as Deal, Discount, Prospect, Sales Person, Broker, Commission, Joint Venture, Guarantee, Wholesale, Retail and more.
Sales Vocabulary in English
- To buy in bulk – to buy wholesale, in large quantity
- Broker – person who serves as a trusted agent in commercial negotiations or transactions. Their commission is a fixed percentage of the value of the transaction or on a sliding scale (higher the value, lower the percentage).
- Chain stores – a group of shops, all of which are owned by one organization
- Close – to finalise a deal or sale
- Commission – fee accruing to an agent, broker, or salesperson for facilitating, initiating, and/or executing a commercial transaction.
- Convenience store – a shop that is often open 24 hours each day
- Deal – business transaction
- Department store – a large shop that is divided into separate departments, each selling a different type of goods
- Discount – A reduction in price or value. One of the most used sales vocabulary words.
- Guarantee – a written promise that a product will be repaired or replaced if defective
- Joint Venture – joining with a foreign company to manufacture or market a product or service.
- Objection – a reason given by a prospect for not buying
- To overcome an objection – to prove that an objection is invalid
- Trade fair – an exhibition
- Prospect – potential customer
- Retail – To sell in small quantities, directly to the consumers. One of the most used sales vocabulary words.
- Salesperson – someone whose job is selling things
- Wholesale – to sell products to those buying for resale
or for business use.
See also a list of the essential marketing vocabulary words.