Small Talks in English are very helpful in different business situations. Here we will show you some of the most common phrases for talking about the weather, free time, sport, family, current events. Small talks at the office and at a conference.
Table of Contents
Small Talk Phrases in Business English
Small Talk Phrases about The Weather
- It’s a bit cold for this time of year, isn’t it?
- It’s a bit warm for this time of year, isn’t it?
- How about this weather?
- Beautiful day, isn’t it?
- How was the weather in /city/ when you left?
- It looks like it’s going to snow.
- Lovely weather, isn’t it?
Small Talk about Free Time
- Do you do any sport in your free time?
- What’s the biggest sport in /country/ apart from football?
- Did you go to the basketball game on Saturday?
Small Talk at the Office
- What do you think of the new desks?
- It’s a great office you have here
- Has it been a long week?
- Do you have other offices around the world?
- Have you worked here long?
Small Talk at a Conference
- That was a fascinating presentation, wasn’t it
- How was the opening presentation? I missed it, I’m afraid
- Are you going to the conference dinner?
- Have you been to this conference before?
- Enjoy the rest of the conference.
Small Talk about Current Events
- Are you watching the World Cup?
- Are you interested in the football?
- Did you catch the news today?
- I read in the paper today that …
- I heard on the radio today that …
Small Talk Phrases about Family
- Do you have any brothers and sisters?
- Do you have any children?
- How old’s your baby?
- I have two sisters
- I’m the youngest child
- I have a small family
- I’ve got one son