How to prepare for a job interview? Definitely, it is not an easy question. This article contains some useful job interview answers and phrases that can help your good performance.
Here are helpful phrases for describing yourself and your profile, expressions for talking about your strengths and weaknesses, phrases for explaining why you want this Job and why the company should hire you, talking about your salary expectations and more.
Job Interview Answers & Phrases in English
Phrases for Describing Yourself
- I was born and raised in …
- I attended the University of …
- I’ve just graduated from the University of …
- I have worked for 5 years as a …
- I have worked for various companies including …
- I enjoy playing …
What Type of Position You are Looking for?
- I’m looking for a position in which I can …
- I’m interested in an …
- I am more interested in a full-time position.
- I am more interested in a part-time position.
Job Interview Answers and Phrases for Describing Your Profile
- I perform well under pressure.
- I developed some important skills.
- I’m used to working in a busy environment.
- I have very good people skills.
- I’m a very organized person.
- I manage my time well by planning out …
- I’m good at dealing with change.
- I work well under pressure.
Job Interview Answers and Phrases for Talking about Your Strengths
- I’ve always been a great team player.
- I believe my strongest trait is my attention to detail.
- I realized my strength is accomplishing a large amount of work within a short period of time.
- I pay close attention to my customer’s needs.
- I am an excellent communicator.
- I am a trouble shooter.
- I’m good at multitasking.
- I’m good at resolving problem situations.
- I’m self-motivated.
- I have very good organizational and time management skills.
Expressions for Talking about Your Weaknesses
- I feel my English ability is my weakest trait.
- I always try to solve my own problems instead of asking a co-worker who might know the answer.
- I am overzealous (work too hard).
- I become nervous when ….
- I tend to spend too much time making sure the customer is satisfied.
- Sometimes I have trouble delegating duties to others.
Job Interview Answers and Phrases for Explaining Why You Want this Job
- I want to take on more responsibility.
- In line with my qualifications.
- I am convinced that /the name of the firm/ are becoming one of the market leaders.
- I want to further my career in accounting.
- I am impressed by the quality of your products.
Expressions for Explaining Why the Company Should Hire You
- You should hire me because I’m confident and …
- There are two reasons I should be hired. First, …
- I’m a perfect fit for this job because …
- I should be hired because I’m …
- I think I am a great match for this position.
Job Interview Answers and Phrases for talking about language skills
- I’ve been speaking French for the last … years.
- I have effective communication skills in German – both verbally and in writing.
- I’ve been working in a French speaking environment for the last … years.
- My English is competent for this industry.
- I will need more information about the job and the responsibilities before we can discuss salary.
- I expect experience based remuneration.
- I’m sure that your company offers a fair, competitive salary for someone with my experience.
- My salary expectations are in line with my qualifications.
Recommended Online Courses For Winning Job Interview:
- Triple Your Job Interviews – My Huge Job Interview Secret – getting 3 – 6 interviews a week is easy if you use LinkedIn to bypass HR and apply directly to hiring managers.
- Get That Job Today! – How to Answer The Top 10 Interview Qs – Learn the essential job interview skills and get the job you deserve. Go from average to outstanding in 10 questions
- The Complete Job, Interview, Resume & Network Career Guide – By an Award Winning MBA Prof. Who Successfully Changed Careers from Goldman to Consulting to VC to Hedge Funds to Tech.
- P.O.W.E.R Resume System: Proven system to get job interviews – Learn to create your own masterpiece resume to get your dream job!