Are you searching for most common Business Meeting Phrases and Vocabulary in English . Here is a list of the most used phrases for Opening a Meeting, Introducing the Meeting Agenda, Making your point, Commenting on Other Opinions, Agreeing and Disagreeing, Advising and Suggesting, Summarizing and more.
Business Meeting Phrases and Vocabulary in English
Opening a Business Meeting Phrases
- Good morning/afternoon, everyone.
- Let’s begin, shall we?
- Shall we make a start?
- Let’s get down to business
- declare the meeting closed.
- The meeting is closed
Welcoming and Introducing Meeting Participants
- We’re pleased to welcome ……. – names of participants
- I’d like to introduce ……. – names of participants
- It’s a pleasure to welcome ……. – names of participants
Introducing the Meeting Agenda
- Have you all received a copy of the agenda?
- Shall we take the points in this order?
- There are three items on the agenda. First,…
Introducing the First Item on the Agenda
- So, the first item on the agenda is….
- Shall we start with. …
- So, let’s start with…
Objectives of a Meeting
- We’re here today to….
- The purpose of this meeting is to…..
- The main objective is to……
- I’ve called this meeting in order to …
Inviting people to speak at business meeting
- Would you like to open the discussion, Jim?
- What about you, Keith?
- What do you think about this, Jim
- What are your views on this, Jim
Business Meeting Phrases for Making your point
- Personally, I think ….
- In my opinion…..
- The way I see it…..
- It’s clear to me that ….
- As I see it…….
- I believe…….
- So, if there is nothing else we need to discuss, let’s move on to today’s agenda
- Shall we get down to business?
- You’re perfectly right.
- That’s true, I suppose.
- I suppose so.
Commenting on Other Opinions
- I see what you mean.
- I get your point.
- I don’ t really agree
- That’s not really how I see it.
- I’m afraid I can’t agree with you there
- Well, I don’t know.
- Well, it depends
Business Meeting Phrases for Advising and Suggesting
- How/What about…
- I suggest/recommend that…
- We should…
Asking for Repetition
- I didn’t catch that. Could you repeat that, please?
- I missed that. Could you say it again, please?
- I’m afraid you don’t understand what I’m saying.
- That’s not what I meant.
Closing an Item
- Shall we leave that item?
- I think that covers the first item.
- The next item on the agenda is….
- Let’s move onto the next item…
Keeping the Meeting on Time
- I’m afraid we’ve run out of time.
- That’s not really why we’re here today.
- We’ll have to leave that to another time.
- Keep to the point, please.
- We’re beginning to lose sight of the main point.
Business Meeting Phrases for Summarizing
- Before we close, let me just summarize the main points.
- In brief,….
- To sum up, …
Thanking Meeting Participants for Attending
- Thank you all for coming.
- Thank you all for attending.
- Thanks for your participation.
Suggesting and Agreeing on Time and Place for the Next Meeting
- So, the next meeting will be on … (day), the . . . (date) of.. . (month) at …
- Can we set the date for the next meeting, please?
Closing the Meeting
User Review( vote)