Here you will learn Business English Phrases for Making Appointments. Useful Phrases for Suggesting an alternative time/date, Requesting an appointment, Rejecting a time/date, and more.
Making Appointments – Business English Phrases
Suggesting an Alternative Time/Date
- How about next Friday, instead?
- Can you make the afternoon, instead?
- Could you do it at . . .
- Can we put it off till Monday?
- What about the following week?
- Can we leave it open(decide not to fix a day) for the time being?
Requesting an Appointment
- Can we arrange an appointment/ a meeting?
- Could I meet with you about this?
- If possible, I would like to come by and see you [om Monday]?
- Would it be useful to meet up soon?
- Could I visit you [later today]?
Making Appointments and Suggesting a Time/Date
- How about Monday?
- What about Monday?
- Shall we say Monday?
- Would Thursday be suitable?
- Would Thursday suit you?
- Would Thursday be good for you?
- Could we meet at 11AM on Monday the 3rd of February?
Agreeing to a Time and Date:
- That’s fine.
- That’s fine. I’ll see you then.
- That sounds fine/good/great to me.
Rejecting a Time/Date:
- I’m sorry, I’ve got another meeting then.
- I can’t / won’t be able to make Monday. I’ve got to…..
- I wish I could, but . . .
- Monday is not good for me, I’m sorry.