Here you will learn useful Air Travel Phrases for buying a ticket, checking in, arrival and getting your luggage. Expressions that are used in the departure lounge and on the airplane.
Useful Air Travel Phrases in English
Buying a Ticket Phrases
- I’d like to reserve two seats to Paris.
- I’d like four tickets for …
- How much are the tickets?
- It’s $921. Will you pay by check or by credit card?
- How would you like to pay?
- Can I pay by card?
- Is there a discount for students?
- Here’s my Visa Card. Can we get an aisle seat please?
Air Travel Phrases for Checking In
- May I see your ticket, please?
- Ticket please.
- I booked on the internet.
- Here they are.
- How many bags are you checking?
- Could I see your hand baggage, please?
- Do you have any liquids in your hand baggage?
- Do you have a carry-on bag?
- Can I get a window seat?
- Where is the boarding gate?
- Go to Gate A10, straight ahead then turn right.
In the Departure Lounge
- What’s the flight number?
- The flight’s been delayed/cancelled.
- Could I see your passport and boarding card, please?
Phrases on the Airplane
- What’s your seat number?
- Would you like any food or drinks?
- Could I have an orange juice?
- Please turn off all mobile phones.
- How long does the flight take?
Arrival and Getting Your Luggage
- Thank you for flying YYY Airlines.
- Thanks for your help.
- Do you have anything to declare?
- At which carrousel will our luggage be?
- Can you tell me where can I get a taxi?
See also telephone phrases and negotiation phrases in Business English.