Microsoft rolled out their Power BI services, which is a range of different software to help organizations to connect to their own or other software within their operations. It is a variety of different applications, services, and connectors that work hand in hand that can be used to convert big data into coherent, simpler both visual and interactive results with insights.
Say for example you have a lot of data on an excel spreadsheet or in the cloud warehouses, having Power BI lets you connect to these sources, filter them, discover what’s essential information, and visualize them and also can be shared with anyone you want. It helps those who are working on tasks and projects of any size to gain a better understanding of data and essential insight. An overview can be found here
As you can imagine it entails various aspects or components that work together and the three basic ones include:
- Mobile apps for Android services, iOS, and Windows
- The application itself – Power BI
- An online platform such as SaaS (Software as a Service)
These three, allow the user to utilize a business’s insight, share, create and work on it in the best way possible that is required by the assignment.
There are also other features that it lets you pay with such as a reporting tool or builder, such as the paginated reports, and a reporting server that allows you to store these reports.
Table of Contents
Who Can Use Power BI?
Microsoft has enabled this option to be used by almost any role, some of the common ones include the below:
- Report creators
What happens when you are not sure how to use such a resource? The simple answer is – to hire a consultant who has the right knowledge and is certified to help you out.
Because this suite of highly analytical tools can sometimes be confusing, the best way to get the most out of your investment is to hire someone who has worked on it and knows what to do. Creating meaningful reports is one of the best things you can do for your organization, as well as your clients.
Consultants help to create these reports, as well as analyze any data that needs to be simplified and put into a meaningful and organized manner. Thus, helping businesses in the operations and decision-making processes is a crucial component of any entity.
Why Should You Use Power BI?
As one of the few extraordinary tools on the market in the corporate world, it can tremendously help any business to be more organized and work more intelligently throughout all departments.
As one of the most popular analytics platforms that have been used for years, and also coined as the “2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and BI Platforms”: https://blog.bismart.com/en/microsoft-leader-in-gartner-magic-quadrant-again#cuadrante-magicofor 14 years consecutively, its no wonder everyone wants a hand in it.
But for those who are not aware of it yet, here are 7 good reasons why it is so popular.
- It can provide business intelligence for just about any type of business
- It helps with interactivity, i.e. brings data to life in real-time
- It is known as one of the more secure platforms around
- It can connect to different types of data sources
- As an AI (Artificial intelligence) tool, it has more capabilities than any other similar ones
- It is always being improved and upgraded
- The application is a great way to share content
Why Should You Use a Power BI Consultant?
If you’re looking for real-time, actionable insights into anything, this is the way to go. Sometimes employees and departments can easily run into difficulties locating the right data or metrics, let alone handling other priorities.
Those in know, i.e. the consultants, can quickly find and evaluate what you have been looking for and place the data you need in a valuable manner, saving you precision time and unnecessary hassles.
Who doesn’t want their data in an organized and visually appealing report, as opposed to scattered across several excel spreadsheets? These advisors can do several different things for you, some of which include:
- Creation of the system
- Deployment of various entities
- Planning and Designing a relevantdashboard based on your needs
- Supporting services
- Training your staff and users of all levels
There are several benefits you can gain from working with a power BI consulting team or company. Let’s look at just a few of the many.
- Implementing Microsoft technologies within an old system, thereby upgrading your operations and adopting new technologies in the 21st century
- Maintaining data infrastructure for your business and integrating any data resources necessary
- Customizing your specific platform to suit your needs and derive a maximum beneficial output
- Generating an increase in your businesses value via visualization and data analytics
- Helping with customer acquisition and retention
As part of a business intelligence tool, this is one of the most valuable means by which to clear out the clutter of unnecessary data which can help you make both educated and calculated decisions that affect the business as a whole. Without such data, it may be the case that decisions from top management are prone to human error.