Finding the best time tracking and billing software and tools for your company is not an easy task but has a crucial role in the overall business process.
Obviously, main features that such a system provide are: time management, billing and online invoicing, graphical timesheets, notes, web-based calendars, timekeeping, reports, automatic time tracking and recording.
However, you have to think what other functions you need the program to cover.
Which is better for your business? All-in-one solution with project management, web-based team collaboration, high-level task management, employ payments and attendance system with time clock solutions? Or you are a small business owner (or freelancer) and you need a simple time tracking and invoicing software?
On this page, you will see a list of some of the most popular and best time tracking and billing software solutions.
Some of the best time tracking and billing software and tools
- Smart and very easy to use time tracking and billing software system that helps you to manage your projects and budget, track time, create invoices and quickly and easily get paid online.
- This tool simplifies business management, record keeping, time tracking and online invoicing altogether.
- Very suitable for small business owners and freelancers.
- Professional looking online invoices – sleek, stylish invoice templates and estimates fully customizable for your business. The system saves your time with auto invoicing, auto bill, turning estimates into invoices with 1 click, and recurring invoices.
- Detailed timesheets – you can drive your business forward by mapping out your team. You get a snapshot of the time tracked, logged and invoiced by all your staff on a given project or task.
- Diagrams, flow charts and graphs which are easy to use and understand. Statistical analytics to back the facts.
- Very Easy to use features: Estimates, Invoices, Payments, Time tracking, Multicurrencies, Tasks Management.
- You can manage your team on the go – an online dashboard that allows you to access team performance indicators and the overall progress of your business.
- Accurate time tracking – you can track down every single second of your time and Access user-friendly reports by team member, client, project for any timeframe.
- Measure your business performance in real time – you have all the data you need to make smarter business decisions. You can see which tasks waste your time, which tasks bring more money, when are your team members more productive, Access detailed client analyses and etc.
- Definitely, one of the best time tracking and billing software with a high rating and very positive reviews.
- When it comes to easy to use but very powerful time tracking and billing software, TimeCamp has a lot to give.
- TimeCamp is a time tracking software with many features, suitable for individuals, teams, large and small business. Main features include:
- Easy Billable Hours Tracking – with Graphical timesheet, One click time tracking, Mobile/desktop apps, Automatic time tracking, Subtasks, Notes, Calendar integration, Budgeting in $ or time, Calculating income, Powerful reports, Estimates vs. Actuals.
- Quick Online Invoicing – Track different clients and different jobs per client. Use time entries to bill your clients or to measure project profitability.
- Features for invoicing: Professional-looking invoices, Integrated payment gateway, Notifications when a client views an invoice, Filters reports, Tracking billable and non-billable time, Automatic invoicing based on hours.
- Time management – you are able to see What are employees doing, Most time-consuming websites and applications, Productivity analysis, Detailed history on how people spends a day, Time spent on documents, Timesheet approvals, Automatic computer usage tracking and etc.
- Attendance and Time Off – At a glance, see how many paid hours your team has logged. Attendance analysis. Tracking holidays, days off, etc.
- Add-ons and Apps – seamless integration with project management software such as Trello, Basecamp, Podio, Asana and etc. Available for Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, iPhone, Android.
- Definitely, one of the best software and systems when it comes to successfully providing time tracking and billing. TimeCamp is easy to use, affordable and can make time management a successful process.
- Paymo is a simple to use but very powerful online project management, time tracking, and invoicing application.
- It is an integrated all-in-one application to help you manage projects, staff and financials so you can spend less time on administrative work and more time on business operations.
- Modern software app designed for small & medium businesses. One platform for Collaboration, Timesheet Management, and Project Accounting.
- Manage Projects – a great range of project management features makes project management easy, even if you’re not a project manager.
- Online Collaboration – enables teams to securely share knowledge, documents & engage in productive discussions.
- Timesheet Reporting – one of the most robust timesheet reporting systems in the industry. It’s easy to create fully customized time reports.
- Automatic Time Tracking – very accurate time tracking & automatic time tracking tools for easy recording.
- Invoicing, Estimates & Expenses. Generate invoices for hours spent on projects, bill for a flat fee, or combine both on a single invoice.
- Milestones that shows you when major project stages are due to be completed.
- Other features: file sharing, project templates, desktop, personalization, team management, reports and mobile apps.
- Accessible across any device.
- The system is multilingual and also very suitable for globally distributed teams that need time tracking and billing software.
- If you have a remote team to run and you need a tracking and billing software, Hubstaff can be a perfect solution.
- It offers more than just time tracking features. Some of them are:
- Time Tracking – very easy and simple to manage. Once the time is tracked you can invoice clients, pay employees, see in-depth reporting and much more. You always know when and what your team is working. Time tracking tools for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
- Activity Levels and Screenshot Thumbnails – See worker activity and screenshots by the hour in a visual format.
- URL and Application Monitoring – Automatic Payroll – you can save time by paying your team automatically.
- Online timesheets and reports.
- GPS and Location Monitoring – allow you to track time while on the go and reports on your location.
- Budgets and Time Limits – you can easily set time limits for each team member.
- Advanced scheduling and reporting.
- Hubstaff integrates with over 30+ third party applications like Basecamp, Asana & PayPal.
- You can easily generate invoices for your clients.
- One of the easiest and fastest way to create an accurate timesheet. Virtually no effort.
- Chrometa is a time tracking tool with invoicing, data storage and integration with numerous other cloud-based services.
- If your goal is to find a very simple solution that saves time, Chrometa may work great for you.
- Passive Timekeeping – Chrometa captures your time for you as you work on your PC, Mac, iPhone, and Android. No need to start or stop timers.
- It’s like having your very own personal timekeeper. Every email you write, every minute you work gets recorded and “automatically” put on your timesheet.
- Chrometa automatically collect email time, web time, document time, mobile phone calls and text massages.
- Works great on iPhone, Mac, PC, Android.
- Create Accurate Timesheets – with keyword-based rules, you can have your time entries automatically assigned to the appropriate client and project.
- Seamless Integrations with another software such as Clio, QuickBooks, Xero and others.
- Professional-Looking Invoices -if you don’t use another system for invoicing, you can create great looking invoices – and even get paid electronically by your clients.
- Other features: Records billable time on your smart phone, Get paid to send e-mails, Simplifies time entries, Bill for all your time and etc.