What are the main Project Manager roles and responsibilities? This is one of the questions debated in a job interview, on a resume, or in a job description. The answer is: it depends on the position, on the company’s business area and goals, on the particular project, and more. Here you will find a list of some of the most known and popular project manager roles and responsibilities.
Table of Contents
Project Manager Roles and Responsibilities. List.
Project Manager Responsibilities list:
- Project planning and management.
- Communication (Written and Verbal) and an ability to build relationships.
- Budget management.
- Project assurance.
- End to end delivery of a set of projects through the full life cycle.
- Creating and motivating internal and external project teams.
- Risk management.
- Quality assurance of deliveries to the client.
- Delivering projects on-time and within budget.
- Prepare agendas and lead different types of project meetings.
- Creates additional opportunities out of on-going projects.
- Works closely with Sales Team in order to support them.
- Drives the delivery in-line within contract requirements.
- Responsibility for procurement of the third party vendors.
- Responsibility for managing of all changes.
- Working closely with High Managers.
- Document management.
- Sharing reports with all involved stakeholders.
- Prioritising the assignment of project resource to individual projects.
- Resolving conflicting requirements.
- Ensure that performance management practice is adopted by project delivery teams.
- Ensure that business needs are met with the most appropriate technical solution.
- Responsible for the identification and mitigation of any risks associated with the project.
- High level of understanding of technical issues.
- Promote company values and standards.
Project Manager Roles list:
- Leader, team member and motivator.
- Diplomacy, problem solving and decisiveness.
- Single point of contact.
- Subject matter expert in Project Management Methodology.
- Business Analyst.
- Mediator in meetings.
- The man who deliver the scope.
- Procurement manager of the third party vendors.
- Excellent communicator.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- The listed above basic project manager roles and responsibilities are suitable for project managers’s every day duties or a job application / interview / resume.