Here you will find a list of sample and typical job interview questions most employers ask. For your good job interview preparation, you have to be ready to answer many different questions: on your past job; on your skills and abilities (problem solving, decision making, dealing with conflict abilities); on your leadership, communication and team work skills. You have to prepare to describe yourself and answer the question how do you handle stress.
Making a list of basic and possible questions is an important part of job interview preparation. As you know a good preparation is essential to a successful interview performance and to get the job you want. While there are a wide range of different possible interview questions, it always helps to be ready for anything.
Typical job interview questions list for a good job interview preparation.
Let’s see the most common and typical job interview questions list.
- Basic interview questions:
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why do you want this job?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you want to leave your current company?
- Why are you looking for a new job?
- Are you willing to travel?
- What motivates you?
- What are your hobbies?
- What’s your dream job?
- Describe yourself.
2. Typical job interview questions on the company and position:
- How did you hear about this position?
- What do you know about our company?
- Who are our competitors?
- What do you know about our business area?
- Why do you want to work with us?
- Why do you want this position?
- How do you know about this vacancy?
3. Stress management questions:
- How you handled a difficult situation?
- How do you handle pressure?
- Do you enjoy working under pressure?
- How do you handle stress?
- Do you work better under stress?
4. Career goals questions list:
- What are your career goals?
- Do you have any goals you set at the moment?
- How do you set goals?
- Can you tell us about your long-term goals?
- Why did you choose this career?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
5. Sample and typical job interview questions on past job:
- What can you say about your last job?
- What were your responsibilities in your last job?
- What was the greatest challenge in your last job and how did you manage it?
- Can you tell me about your work history?
- What did you enjoy best in your last job?
- What did you dislike most in your last job?
- How your presence in your past job related to the company’s growth?
6. Team working questions:
- Are you a team player?
- Do you prefer working independently or on a team?
- What are your experiences with working with a team?
- What do you dislike most about your teammates?
- How would your co-workers describe you?
- Have you ever had misunderstanding with a colleague?
- Have you ever had difficulty working with superior?
7. Interview questions on skills and abilities:
- What are the qualities a good leader should have in your opinion?
- What are some of your leadership experiences?
- What are your communication skills?
- What are your team leader and team building skills and abilities?
8. Salary and promotion questions:
- Have you ever been disappointed by your boss?
- What are your expectations if you are hired?
- What are your salary requirements?
- How soon do you hope to be promoted?
9 . Other typical job interview questions list:
- Why were you fired?
- What makes you uncomfortable?
- What is your standard for measuring success?
- What was your greatest professional challenge?
- What do you consider as your greatest success?
- What is your greatest professional achievement?
- Have you ever been a failure?
- What do you do when you fail?
- Would you work holidays/weekends?
- What’s your availability?
- What questions do you have for me?
These typical job interview questions are a basic for a good job interview preparation and are essential to a successful interview performance.
See also useful CV Words and Phrases.