We can call it inventory management software, or ERP or warehouse software.
But no matter if you are a small business owner or manage a large enterprise, you definitely need the best software to manage your stock.
And your inventory system will need some important options like – integration with accounting software (like Quickbooks), exporting options to Excel, the barcode and scanner features, online access, etc.
That is what this guide is about – useful tools for managing your warehouse.
Requirements for Inventory Management Software
In any case, there are some basic requirements which are mandatory for each good inventory management system.
Stock Attributes – you need to be able to add, edit, delete different stocks, to define their types, measurement, packages, etc.
Stock Quantity – one warehouse system should allow you to track the stock quantity, to reserve and block stocks, a minimum quantity.
Inventory management – forecasting, optimization, dashboards, reports, overview, etc.
Stock Price – some prices management including promotions, VAT and more than one type of currency, cost tracking, custom pricing modules.
Product Identification – inventory system should have bar codes, RFIDs, serial numbers, a lot number.
Logistic – features for packaging, transportation requirements, traceability, warehousing requirement, gross and net weight, more than one unit measures.
Order Management – one good warehouse system should have options for adding, editing, deleting orders. LIFO and FIFO management are also very handy.
Vendor Management – a module for managing relations with vendors and supply tracking.
Sales Module – features for managing sales, customers, related document are quite useful.
Document Management – the best inventory management software supports many documents as orders, invoices, warranties, receipts, payment docs, etc.
Top inventory management systems
Ok, I will share my personal preference to the best inventory management systems.
Please, bear in mind these are not the cheapest ones. But they definitely include more from the above requirements.
Unleashed is an excellent solution for small and medium business and offers complete stock visibility and real remote control.
Some of the best Unleashed tools are:
- Multilocation control and multicurrency
- Costed purchase orders
- Bill of materials for assembly products
- Back ordering
- Pach and dispatch module
- Document management module
- Many customizations and integration options
Unleashed is web-based online inventory system, but the company offers a mobile app for remote control.
Last but not least – it is SaaS software and you can order “light” version and upgrade after successful implementation.
More information can be found on the Unleashed official site.
It offers integration with many useful devices like bar code scanners, eVMI sensors, RFID tracking, VMI/CMI with Android/iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, and more.
Other useful tools are dashboard screen, charts, and diagrams, so you can monitor, analyze, check trends.
I should not forget to mention the powerful user management. One of the best you can find.
Of course, eTurns have all standard features for one great ERP system or warehouse software as:
- Order Management
- Managing bill of materials
- Managing assets and tools
- Vendor management
- Alerts and analytics
- Reporting module and more
More information you can find on eTurn official site.
Goods Order Inventory Management System Pro (GOIS Pro) is an innovative cloud-based inventory management solution, which has been designed to help small and medium retail businesses and organizations with their inventory recording, tracking, and management needs.
This ‘all-in-one’ inventory management solution leverages the modern IT support to automate and simplify all your inventory management tasks, which need quality time and efforts. You can rely upon GOIS Pro for 100% accuracy and security for your crucial inventory database.
One can access this inventory management system through any web browser or mobile application, which can be downloaded on iOS and Android platforms.
Goods Order Inventory System Pro is being used by more than 50,000 users across the globe, who completely rely upon its innovative features and tools.
More information you can find on GOIS official site.
Of course, it has all standard inventory, warehouse, ERP features which I am going to mention a little bit below.
But they are not all. Orderhive is really intuitive software. So if you have workers with poor computer literacy this tool is the way to go.
It also provides access via a web and mobile which is pretty cool.
Also, Orderhive has some great integration options. It makes integrations with other software or websites a piece of cake.
About standard features – Orderhive has:
- Order Management
- Centralized Inventory
- Inventory Optimization and Forecasting
- Cost Tracking
- Proactive Purchase module
- Shipping and Tracking options
- Reports and Analytics
- Warehouse Management
You can find more information for Orderhive on their official site.
ULTRIVA Lean Suit Products
ULTRIVA tools support easy migration, complete supply-chain communication, business analysis and intelligence, excellent inventory management options and reduction of inventory costs
The main modules are:
- Collaborative Supply Portal – it delivers real-time visibility with suppliers using a simple platform for accessing demand signals, order management and the shipment of goods. The portal offers replenishment flexibility, part-level analysis, supplier scorecards, inventory reports.
- Lean Factory Management – offers top replenishment management, sequence management, equipment effectiveness, operator flexibility, and many more.
- Collaborative Demand Portal – this module offers accurate forecasts for the level of finished goods inventory required to meet customer demand. It provides alerts, monitor material flows, keep customers satisfied.
- Inventory Management Tool – an excellent tool for simulate impact on supply-chain partner performance, monitor critical metrics, support roadmaps, etc.
All the above module cover most of the business process in warehouses, manufacturing, logistic, transportation, and order / sales management.
More information for ULTRIVA Lean Suit Products you can find on their official site
AdvancePro is one of the best software for managing business units as warehouses, shipment, manufacturing, distribution channels, wholesale and retail, and many more.
This software is module-based and customers are allowed to select one or more modules.
The most important modules are:
- Core Module – it includes most of the basic business features – Inventory and Warehouse management, Accounting and Quickbooks integration, Order management, Sales, Vendors.
- Standard Module – it includes useful additional features – Advanced shipment, Barcoding, LIFO, FIFO, Weight management, Lot serial number, Flight, etc.
- Advance Module – Web services, E-commerce, Multiply currencies and warehouses, Mobile application, and much more.
Additional information you can find on the AdvancePro official website.
Small business warehouse tools
This section provides information about small business warehouse tools for inventory management. The tools here has less functionality, but they are very fast for implementation, relatively cheap, and intuitive.
It offers great remote inventory control. HandiFox provides seamless QuickBooks inventory data integration across all types of mobile devices – smartphones, tablets, etc.
HandiFox on mobile software allows you to:
- Purchase management
- Assign and scan bar-codes on goods
- Monitor inventory and optimization
- Instant synchronization to QuickBooks
- Multilocation support
- Traceability and shipping management
HandiFox is fast for implementation and user-friendly.
Link to the HandiFox official site.
It offers online access and a good range of useful modules:
- Inventory management
- Order management
- Enhanced communication
- Easy integration with QuickBooks
- Shipping and suppliers features
- Inventory overview and forecasts.
This software is really fast for implementation, requires no hardware investment, and it is very intuitive.
For more information – check BizSlate official web-site.
Clearly Inventory is one of the best inventory management tools. It offers a wide range of features at a great price.
The software is cloud-based and offers remote online access.
It has many modules to support your small business as:
- Flexible user access
- Track serial numbers
- Transactions in real time
- Inventory management and optimization
- Warehouse management
- Make item from component
- Cost tracking
- Customization and reports
- Import and export options
Clearly Inventory is simple, very intuitive, stable solution which really can benefit small business. It requires no additional hardware or maintenance.
More information for Clearly Inventory can be found at the company;s official site.
SalesBinder is a proper solution for small or medium enterprises.
It is online cloud software but it offers also Apple mobile application.
The main features are:
- Inventory management and forecasts
- Order management
- Bar-code scanning
- Multilocation support
- In-build customer accounts /minor CRM/.
- Item variation
- Invoice module
- Financial reports
- Flexible user management
So SalesBinder is online, flexibles, fast, really cheap and it works. If you have a start-up or small business you can definitely trust this software. It has all needed features at the best price.
More information on SalesBinder official site.
Online warehouse tracking system
This section provides information about web-based warehouse systems which provides remote access from any point. The tools are mostly cloud-based and require no additional hardware or maintenance costs.
3PL Central Inventory Management
3PL Central is one of the best inventory management software. It offers so many useful features which make it one of the most popular cloud-based online warehouse tools.
The features are very intuitive and user-friendly. Here is a list of them:
- Powerful warehouse management which provides total visibility
- Order management with many options for order creation – direct EDI support, web service API, imports from Excel, or manual orders.
- Inventory management by lot number, expiration date, or/and serial number ID
- Barcode scanning
- Flexible and customizable packing slips
- Integration with FedEx and UPS
- Powerful reporting options
- E-mail notifications
- User access security levels
3PL Central offers many others advanced options which make it very very powerful. It can fit both – small enterprises or large corporations.
You can find additional information on 3PL Central official site.
For example – it has desktop, web-based, cloud and mobile version. Which is very useful and shows real ambition for making great software.
But that is not all. Flowtrac has so many useful features which make it so great.
From warehouse management perspective it has literally everything – product management, barcodes, serial numbers, unit of measure, global visibility, inventory forecast, kit items, orders, and many more. Like Duracell – it is going, and going, and going…..
And yes, there are tons of other business features – sales and order management module, assets management, shipment tools, cost tracking, etc.
Dashboards and reporting are on very high level and the system has really cool user management module.
All the above makes Flowtrac one of the best online inventory management software.
More information – on the official site.
Contalog is one very nice online warehouse system which offers great features for B2B and B2C management.
The software offers an easy way to manage your warehouse inventory via a web or mobile app.
It provides great tools for sales and order management. It has great product info management and supports online digital catalog.
Contalog is integrated with the many other business software as Quickbooks, Shipstation, Amazon, Magento, Shopify, Xero, and Ebay.
The software is cloud-based, scalable, and highly secured. So you can start with a small pack and upgrade later. And last but not least it offers great analytics and reporting tools.
More information – on Contalog official site.
Shipedge is also a great online warehouse management tool for small business.
It has many features you can use:
- Order management – full functionality
- Communication tools – a web bulletin, document management, communication channels between workers
- Inventory management – product and location management, labeling, control zones – for pallets, bins, tops, floors.
- Invoice and billing option
- Purchase order and replenishment
- High security, reports, etc.
But online warehouse management is just a module. Shipedge can offer you much more with its other modules:
- OMS – Channel Order Management System
- ERP – Supply Chain with Inventory Forecasting
- Mobile Android Scanners
- 3PL Billing System
- Multi-Carrier Shipping Station
More information on Shipedge official site.
Free and open-source ERP systems
Free and open-source systems have obvious advantages – if it is free you d not pay, if it is open-source you have access to source code and can re-develop it.
Well, this has a downside – usually free systems have poor support and they are less trusted in a long run. Open-source systems are better but to use open-source systems you need a technical expert (internal or external).
In any case, these systems have a real potential to help you and your business.
oDoo is definitely one of the market leaders in open-source All-in-one software.
Of course, it has all important ERP features as:
- Inventory Management – this module offers full traceability, multi-warehouses, reduce your stock level and avoid stockouts, drop-shipping, and many automated options.
- Manufacturing – it offers scheduling orders based on predefined rules, quantity forecasts, dependencies, plan working time and resources, monitor bottlenecks.
- Purchasing – it allows to automate purchasing workflows, control products and invoices, communication with suppliers, reporting, and more
- Project Management – it provides forecast needs and resources, defines tasks, shares documents, integrated helpdesk. More project management software here.
But this is not all. Odoo provides useful CRM, Sales module, HR modules, Accounting module, tools for surveys and analytics, powerful reporting, and more
You can find more information on Oddo official site.
xTuple is free open-source ERP system which fits well for manufacturers and distributors.
So, this ERP goes far beyond warehouse and inventory management software.
It offers great range of manufacturing features as:
- Discrete manufacturing measured by numeric quantities
- Process manufacturing — measured by weight or volume
- Engineer-to-Order Manufacturing
- Make-to-Stock Manufacturing
- Contract manufacturing
- Mixed-module manufacturing
For distributor xTuple offers great features for supply chain management.
The software has an eCommerce module which provides real-time sales & customer service access for business-to-business (B2B).
xTuple is working with Windows, Linux, and Mac which is very cool.
More information for xTuple – on the official site.
ADempiere is a good open-source ERP System. It offers many useful features:
- Warehouse module – price list, bill of materials, control, warehouse management, replenishment, stock movement, stock count
- Sales module – quotes to invoice, business proposals, sales orders, work orders, invoicing, shipment, POS
- Purchasing module – purchase requisition, request for quotes, purchase order, material receipt, invoicing
- Other modules – financial features, human resources, project management modules, manufacturing management.
It is fast for implementation, intuitive, and provides tons of customizable options.
Core module includes everything needed for your business:
- Accounting features with General Ledger and Journal Entry
- Sales and Purchasing – everything for tracking customers and suppliers.
- Inventory management and features for Manufacturing
- Money flows management
- Contract sub-module
- Powerful reporting tool
LedgerSMB offers really nice add-ons which enhanced the Core module as Import transactions, Templates for transactions, Budgeting, and more.
More information for LedgerSMB ERP on the official site.
Surely the above list is not full and there are much more useful inventory management software, ERP systems, and online warehouse systems.
We will keep digging in order to find other proper system and will add them in future.
Ín any case, the above tools are really good and useful.
And I really hope that this page will help you if you need some software for your business.